This is a reproduction of an antique sugar mold, purchased by me and repainted to add color to my table. The mold was stained a dark brown, which you can see through my 'slip-slop' method of painting.
What you will need:
- A flat paint brush or two, 2" to 3" wide (I prefer the inexpensive ones at the paint store which retail for about $1 each--they are usually a light color with fairly fine brush hairs.)
- Latex paint samples, purchased at your hardware store in decorator shades
- Fine sand paper block and for larger projects, an electric sander
- Minwax stains (Mahogany and Provincial)
- Soft rags to wipe excess stain from project
- Spray sealer